Truly Bad Films

Friday, September 09, 2005

Where is Bono?

Update! GG kindly pointed out to me that St. Bono of the E.U. was on the fundraiser the other night. How did I miss him?! I must have been in the other room polishing my Swarovski crystal Mr. Potato Head. How could I be so remiss?

All I can say is - thank you GG for bringing me the good news. Disasters just aren't the same without Bono!

*****

Well, the first of - I'm sure - countless Musical Events to raise money for the victims of Katrina just ended and all I have to say is . . .

. . . Where is Bono?

Bono has faithfully horned in on every tragedy world-wide for decades. He's a Geraldo who traded great hair for a guitar. No matter where the trouble, Bono shows up ready to pontificate and strut around in leather britches - just like Geraldo! Except he then sings. And I just can't understand where he is now.

Know what I think? I think Bono doesn't care about black people.

Or at least American black people. He's done a lot for Africa. But where is St. Bono of the E.U. now?

5 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Blogger Pete Blackwell said...

U2 discovered America and then decided to introduce it to the rest of us back in 1989, after all (remember Rattle & Suck—er, I mean Hum?).

Now I can't picture Bono without him having a huge Geraldo mustache. Thanks a lot.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Chai: Did some research on where Bono was: He was on Shelter from the Storm: A concert for the Gulf Coast". Here is the schedule of performers...U2 is listed

September 8, 2005
THE FOLLOWING MUSICAL PERFORMERS AND CELEBRITIES TO APPEAR ON “SHELTER FROM THE STORM: A CONCERT FOR THE GULF COAST”
FRIDAY, SEPT. 9, 8:00-9:00 PM


The following musical performers and celebrities will appear on SHELTER FROM THE STORM: A CONCERT FOR THE GULF COAST, the live, commercial-free, one-hour primetime simulcast this Friday, Sept. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, live ET/CT; tape delayed PT/MT) on all six broadcast networks as well as other programming services domestically and around the world.

Musical Performers:
Mary J. Blige, Garth Brooks, Mariah Carey, Sheryl Crow, Dixie Chicks, Foo Fighters, Alicia Keys, Randy Newman, Paul Simon, Rod Stewart, U2, Kanye West, Neil Young


Celebrity Appearances:
Jennifer Aniston, Jack Black, Cameron Diaz, Ellen DeGeneres, Morgan Freeman, Jack Nicholson, Chris Rock, Ray Romano, Sela Ward

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

I truly love Truly Bad Films, one of the best blogs on blogger. However, I take slight umbrage at your comments regarding my hero, Mr. Bono. I think he's an amazing artist and I appreciate the fact that he truly cares about the world, choosing to spend his celebrity capital on important social issues.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger keithurbanchic said...

"Now I can't picture Bono without him having a huge Geraldo mustache. Thanks a lot."

hehe! No problem! ;)

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

comment for Update: Glad to be of service...didn't know Swaroski made a Crystal Mr. Potatoe Head...lol...
I only knew he was on because I came flying through the house like a mad woman yelling "DADDDDDD TURN ON THE TV...U2 IS PLAYING..." if Bono is there...I am not far behind. (just something about a sexy Irish man in tight leather breeches)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home