Truly Bad Films

Monday, October 10, 2005

An Eric Kind of Site

I found a webpage that made me think of the Straight White Guy. It's called Sippin' Poems: The Drinker's Companion to English Verse. The page author, Dennis McCarthy, tells us that whiskey goes down better with poetry. I appreciate that sentiment. Then Dennis lists various brand names and links them up to the poem that suits each best.

I'm sure Eric would make some changes . . . afterall, I only see one Robert Service poem listed. But this guide struck me as something Eric himself might have drawn up for our benefit.

BTW, folks, Eric is on a mission. Can you help? It ought not be too hard what with six degrees and all. I mean, I'm like two degrees from Michael Stipe and one degree from Courtney Love. Finding a Post Cereal Lady ought to be a snap, crackle and pop.

Oh, wait. That's Kelloggs.

1 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.. heh heh... that site is awesome... cheers.. I'll have to try that out....

.. although, I might add that ANY Scotch goes perfectly with R.W. Service...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home