Truly Bad Films

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Happy Birthday!

Red is celebrating the birthday of Sylvia Plath today. Plath was a brilliant, tortured poet who famously commited suicide at 30.

So, here at the Ministry of Silly Links, I'll celebrate the birthday of John Cleese! Read about some of his early jokes at Wikipedia. He and Terry Gilliam are my favorite Pythons. I base this preferral on the later work they did, namely Fish Called Wanda and Brazil. But Michael Palin is the one who I think I'd enjoy spending time with. I've also come recently to admire Terry Jones for his hilarious series of books on faeries: Strange Stains and Mysterious Smells: Based on Quentin Cottington's Journal of Faery Research, Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book, and Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Journal.

So, happy birthday, you dear old Cheese Shop Proprietor! You priceless old parrot stunner! And many happy returns.

1 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank God someone else out there likes Monty Python...it was getting lonesome on the perch by myself.
I enjoyed Life of Brian, though it makes 99.9% of the "christians" out there sick.
Also check out Cleese in "Fawlty Towers" for a jolly good time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home