Truly Bad Films

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Swank Swag

Found a home furnishing site today called Elsewares. It's a catalog of products from independent designers and entrepreneurs. Most of the stuff didn't catch my eye, until I saw these Vintage Record Bowls.

The artist, Jeff Davis, lives in Brooklyn. He puts a clear seal over the label and the hole so your Cheeto powder won't fall through the bottom.

I wouldn't want one, but I'm amused by his imaginative re-purpose of records that were probably, unplayable, and certainly unwanted. What a clever boy!

2 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Unplayable, Unwanted? Oh, Geeze am I the only person who still owns a turn table...Of course that's not saying much, I still have reel to reel tapes as well...

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger keithurbanchic said...

Well, *I* wouldn't want them, since I don't have a turntable, but I figure they're unplayable because vinyl scratches so easily.

The same guy also sells blank journals with covers he made from the album covers. I'd love to see the kiln - or whatever it is he uses - to re-form the vinyl.

Reel to reel? You're hard core!
;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home