Truly Bad Films

Monday, December 19, 2005

31 Things

1. My uncle once: Worked for Westinghouse at White Sands. He later died from cancer. I always thought the two were related.

2. Never in my life: Have I watched an entire episode of American Idol.

3. When I was five: It was 1966. That's about it. Can't say I remember the big Five.

4. High School is: Over. School's out for-EVER!

5. My parents are: Still living, and healthy, thank God.

6. I once met: David Byrne. Actually, it wasn't a social situation. But I touched him, by all that is sacred to the 80's!

7. There's this girl I know who: Thinks that it's weird that she believes she was the Priest of a cult in a former life. Hell - nearly all my friends believe that or something really strange!

8. Once, at a bar: I met my husband.

9. Last night: I took a One-A-Day and then felt unholy barfy before I remembered I can't take cheap vitamins and threw them out.

10. Next time I go to church: is uncertain. I'm not a regular.

11. When I turn my head left, I see: Ethernet Jack, the Internet elf!

12. When I turn my head right, I see: Stained golf umbrella - what? Don't ask me . . .

13. How many days until my birthday?: ELEVEN days!!! Gift certificates to Home Depot and Lowe's always accepted.

14. If I was a character written by Shakespeare I'd be: Tybalt. I love to draw down my sword on somebody.

15. By this time next year: I hope to be published!

16. A better name for me would be: Snicker-Doodle Chai Pixie. Um, scratch that.

17. I have a hard time understanding: Math.

18. If I ever go back to school I: I'd be a psychologist in Women's Studies - that or a professional Lanyard Designer.

19. You know I like you if: I tell you. Otherwise stay alert on those eggshells!

20. If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: My hubby, Pep.

21. Take my advice: Never drink and dial.

22. My ideal breakfast is: Real North Carolina pork BBQ and scambled eggs.

23. If you visit my hometown: You'll stop at every light in town.

24. Why won't someone: Invent the transporter?

25. If you spend the night at my house: You are among the elect on the right hand side of Pep.

26. I'd stop my wedding: I guess you mean any second wedding I might have, since my first one is well situated in history. And I'm not planning on having a second one so I'll stop it right here.

27. The world could do without:Yellow jackets - I'm certain.

28. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: Ew! Can't. Go. There.

29. Paper clips are more useful than: Toothpicks? Slug traps? Fitted sheet garters?

30. If I do anything well, it is: Coordinating, Delegating and Taking Credit. haha! Ok, ok, it's dancing. I dance like a sublime cockroach on a belly lick.

31. And by the way: I have a terrific crush on last year's HGTV Dream House.

Hot cuppa chai to Lisa!

5 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

I'm curious about your hope to be published next year...what have you written? I mean, obviously other than your blog. Short stories? Non-fiction? Inquiring minds want to know!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger keithurbanchic said...

I'm mostly writing fiction that's pretty good, and essays that need work. So I expect the fiction to be published first. Thanks for asking!

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a work in the works?! Is it a 'fer certain or creative visulization (I stole that phrase from S. at another blog ...)

BTW, I am one of the fortunate to be on the right hand of Pep. Touch-a, touch-a, touch-a, touch me!

ooh, wise "word verification" is swearing at me this morning, or rockin' out to some hard stuff ...

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Will continue to walk on eggshells, and the only reason people get stopped at every stoplight in HP is because the town wants to make sure you see the "World's Largest Chest of Drawers". And then be tempted by the local Krispy Kremes. ;)
Let one know when you are published...one will buy...

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gal, not only have I watched an entire episode (not season, mind you) of American Idol now, I am helping comment on it at Leper House.

One more week, one more week, one more week ...

And then I'm outta of AI! GACK!

But I think I'm getting hooked into (in a good way) watching the new Rockstar season. We'll see ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home