Truly Bad Films

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Big Pink Sweater

Not too long ago I bought a big, fuzzy, pink sweater. It's made of soft, thick chenille and it's baby-girl pink. Everytime I wear this sweater I notice that I'm suddenly single-dad bait. All the guys who've lugged their kids to the book store or to the grocery are full of flirtin' fun when they see the gal in a fuzzy pink sweater. Normally no one speaks to me in public unless they are conducting trade with me in a service role. On Pink Sweater Days (aka PSD) I'm Virginia's Sweetheart. I get chat, jokes and random insights regarding my coffee additives.

I'm not sure why - maybe my pink sweater makes me look especially approachable and mommy-fied. Like, "Wow, she probably she LOVES kids! And nap-time games of Hide-The-Hotdog!" I dunno. I really love my pink sweater. It's warm. And soft.

But all this PSD attention from the Single-Dad Camp is starting to creep me out.

4 Comments:

At 5:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Um...well I was going to ask if I could borrow the Pink Sweater...but honestly I'd prefer just Single Men...No Kids...at least not yet ;) I mean I still have Hunter to take care of.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger keithurbanchic said...

hahaha!!!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

I would definitely be down with the fuzzy pink sweater. I'd love to meet a guy with kids, especially if they are really young. I don't want any more of my own, but miss the cuddly, playful baby/toddler stages. I know, I'm weird!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger keithurbanchic said...

Just get the sweater, Bunnyjo, and hang out in the book store!
;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home