Truly Bad Films

Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy Birthday!

Today I turn 45, dear Bander-Log! Ye ole Chai-rista just got a little older. Pep is wondering when he can trade me in for a trophy wife, but in the meantime he gave me a wonderful birthday. The dear Sweet Pea gave me three zombie movies on DVD: the groundbreaking, Romero original, Night of the Living Dead with commentary and trailers of other old horror movies; the excellent, recent re-make of Dawn of the Dead starring Ving Rhames; and the hilarious and scary Shaun of the Dead. To this he added Human Anatomy software, as he knows my love of discovering the proper names for guts, innerds and bones. This anatomy software also comes with a medical dictionary, which really excites me. Remember, I'm the gal who collects old medical texts - as long as they date from before 1960. (They have to be older than me!)

Then Pep took me out to my favorite restaurant for lunch where I had a spicy oyster Po Boy on crunchy ciabatta bread, garlic and olive oil on hand-made french fries, and pecan pie with real whipped cream. MMmmm-mmm!

Thank yous go out to Pep and everyone else who sent me greetings, cards, gifts, etc. I've had a wonderful birthday and I am grateful to all of you for your friendship and love! Now, I'm off to pluck out some grey hairs . . .
;)

4 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave them grey hares alone, gal! I'll be calling PETA on you!

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday...
(sorry to say that I slept right through it, but that's a 3rd shifter for you.)
GG

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... happy belated birthday, many happy returns....

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

December 28, 2006, log update: In just two short days, darlin', you'll be OLDER THAN ME!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha! ;-)

Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. LOL!

I kid because I love. Sending you tons of love and kisses for your birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home