Truly Bad Films

Friday, December 02, 2005

NY Times Book Review - 100 Notable

The New York Times Book Review recently listed it's 100 Notable Books of the Year, in time for holiday shopping. These titles were selected from books reviewed since December 5th of 2004. You can click the titles on the list to read the reviews.

The only two that I have looked at are the non-fiction books Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife and The Year of Magical Thinking. I bought Spook, but haven't read much of it yet, since I'm still revising my hypnosis paper. The Year of Magical Thinking is the autobiographical account of Joan Didion losing her husband of 40 years to a heart attack. It is a crushingly depressing read but, of course, written so well it shatters you. Still, I can't imagine who deserves that as a gift . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home