Truly Bad Films

Friday, December 02, 2005

Paint By Number

I remember doing a few paint-by-number oils as a kid. I loved the smell of the linseed in the paint. There was something about the prescripted blobs of color on the finished product that I found, and still find, soothing. I'd like to cover a wall with these at home. You can pick them up almost any time on eBay.

I love the retro look of paint-by-number. And the Smithsonian must feel like I do. They've got an on-line show dedicated to the craft and history of paint-by-number, along with a feedback forum.

4 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

darn...paint by numbers...guess that means no GG Photographic Originals on the Walls of Clon ChaiPep
Clon = Castle
ChaiPep= of Chai and Pep.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger keithurbanchic said...

Oh - I only want one wall for my paint-by-number retros. I have plenty of others for real art!
;)

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Omnibabe said...

Funny you should mention painting the walls with one. HGTV recently had a show where a homeowner did just that... and it was AWESOME. They blew it up on the wall using an overhead projector.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger keithurbanchic said...

Wow! A blown-up paint-by-number right on the wall? Cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home