Truly Bad Films

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Red's Albums

Red is talking about the music she listened to in her parents house as a tweener, and then the first albums she bought as a teen. Her memories have uncovered a vast middle-class simultaneous acquisition pattern of the 1970's. ALL of our parents owned this album:

OMG! Like some of Red's commentors, as a kid, I couldn't understand why the lady was covered in shaving cream (even though it says "Whipped Cream" right on the cover). I'm sure I'd remember all the music on this album if I ever heard it again. Amazingly, you can still get this disco-era holdout on CD for a mere 12 singles. The only song titles I recognize now are "Lemon Tree" and "Love Potion No. 9."

But wait - my parents were also into Exotica starring . . .



. . . and Yma Sumac!



Can you relate? . . . Anybody?

4 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Herb Alpert album was the stuff fantasies were made of for a teenager. It still gets my attention to this day.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger keithurbanchic said...

hahaha!!! Pretty big item to sneak into a bathroom . . .
;)

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom was so into Tom Jones & Engelbert Humperdinck.

Well she did go goofy for the Village People that one time in the 70's and then we explained what the song, "YMCA" was really talking about...she threw it out..haha..

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger keithurbanchic said...

Good thing you never explained "Hump-Her-Dink"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home