Truly Bad Films

Friday, December 23, 2005

Seeing The Man

Peeps, I've lived here in central Virginia with Pep since 1993. In that time I've made many a trip to Lynchburg, but yesterday was the very first time I've ever seen The Man.

The Man was driving a hulking, black Yukon XL and talking on a car phone. The Man was dressed in his familiar black suit with a white shirt and tie. The Man looked exactly like he does on t.v. when he tells the world God don't love him no gay people.

Yep, Peeps, it was The Jer - big as life. Jerry Falwell crept by me as if on parade yesterday, absorbed in his kazillion-dollar real estate dealings behind the wheel of his large automobile, as he cruised for a parking space. Truth told, I was suprised to see the Pope of Lynchburg driving himself. I felt sure he had a Jer-Mobile he used for trips around town, with a liveried driver and a lemur on a diamond encrusted leash.

Maybe that's just for Sundays.

8 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this count as a "brush with greatness"?

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Key: no(unless you are a fan of Falwell and forgive me if you are) but he's such a self-absorbed eejit...and he's the reason I chose not to go to Liberty University...

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger keithurbanchic said...

Naw -BWG is physical contact. And he would have had to run over me . . .

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Chai, even if he had "ran you over" or had physical contact, would you have considered it a BWG?
Just curious...I guess for a minister he would be a BWG...

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh, crap...I mean I am happy he didn't run you over...geeze...I really should pay more attention to how my comments sound...

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger keithurbanchic said...

He's made an ass-load of money, so he's a pretty good business man, but he certainly isn't on my list of People I Want To Thank for Blessing My Life. So, no, even if we shook hands, I wouldn't have written that up as a BWG.

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AH, now I see the light. Yeah, I guess I was confused by chai's use of capitals in "Seeing The Man" rather than "Seeing the man" or even "seeing the man." When you can't hear it, inflection makes all the difference ...

 
At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Reid P said...

Interesting thoughts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home