Truly Bad Films

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Wonderful Socar

Socar is such a gifted writer. You may think I mean that in a snarky way since her topic today is elegiac flatulence, but I don't. She's just marvelous the way she notices two small clouds fuse into one or opens a piece with this observation:
There's a wonderful smell abroad this morning--wonderful, but faint. In a cartoon, it would be represented as a tiny, ghostly hand beckoning under my nose: c'mere!
It's . . . compelling and colorful. Anyway, if you haven't read her before, you'll love Socar.

Lest you imagine Chai-rista's TBF is only about herring farts, I offer Socar's very funny labor of love: Who Tooted?

1 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the plug, there! Glad you enjoyed my farty funeral story. I almost didn't post it (you know, just in case anyone who was at the funeral ever saw it), but then it occurred to me that nobody there really knew who I was, anyway, and farts probably happen at plenty of these events. There's some level of plausible deniability, there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home