Truly Bad Films

Monday, January 16, 2006

Rule of Four Meme

Steve-O tagged me so, buckle-up:

Four Jobs I've had:
1. I was in the Youth Conservation Corps back when I was a ripe old 17 year old. We had to wear hard hats to pull chunk-style drowned kittens out of the reservoir. No. Really.
2. Old lady ass-wiper. I was 15 and a lowest-on-the-pole assistant in a Nursing Home. Are you sorry you asked yet?
3. I was a reader for Dr. Joseph Himes, the man who helped found the North Carolina Sociological Association. Joseph was brother to the African-American novelist Chester Himes. Joseph had been blinded in an accident as a child, but he prevailed over his handicap and racism to become a leader in his field. He was one of the most patient men I ever met and he was always teaching me as I read for him.
4. Computer Jockey in the Library Races - That's what I do now. Some people call it Librarianship, but it's really all about riding computers and regular purging.

Four Movies I Watch Over and Over:
O Brother Where Art Thou?
Bedazzled
Groundhog Day
Fish Called Wanda

Four Places I've Lived:
Des Moines, IA
Greensboro, NC
Greenville, NC
Middle-of-Nowhere Central, VA
(Like Steve-O, I'm your no-frills world traveler!)

Four TV Shows I Watch:
Rescue Me
Amazing Race
Two and a Half Men
Dog Whisperer

Four Places I've Been on Vacation:
Scenic Rock City, TN
Cajun country, LA
St. Augustine & points west, FL
Charleston, SC and various surrounding islands

Four Websites I Visit Daily:
Worship Naked
Sheila Variations
Velociworld
Llama Butchers

Four Fav Foods:
Pep's Roast Chicken
Real Hardwood Smoked NC BBQ with Slaw and palm-sized Onion Rings
Pep's Greens & Black Eyes
Eggs Over-easy with Bacon and Onion-y Homefried Potaoes all hashed up together & sprinkled with Texas Pete

Four Places I'd Like to Travel (changed from Would Like to Be Now):
Key West
Grand Canyon & Anasazi ruins
Vancouver
Provence & Basque country

Four Bloggers I'm tagging:
It's a self-tag free-for all. Help yourself. It melts in your mouth - not in your hand!

9 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all love O Brother Where Are Thou? and quote from it constantly .. gopher, Everett?

(Oh, and chai, about the other. I see it won't allow the "experiment 626".)

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Dog Whisperer - It's a profound show. I don't even have a dog, and I've learned a lot about myself, about life and about relationships just from watching! I don't have a dog yet, but someday will...I think dogs are one of God's greatest gifts to human beings. I love my Mei Ling (kitty), but my heart will always yearn for the companionship only a dog can provide.

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And nothing says (or smells) dog quite like a Beagle. Get two. Hell, get a brace of Beagles. Might as well put all that Dog Whisperer training to full and costant use!

;-)

Pep

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am traveling to the Grand Canyon this summer...you are welcome to join me since my cousin chickened out.

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be glad to take you along to Key West! This past year was SOOOOO nice. *sigh* Don't know when we'll go next ... not IF, but WHEN mind you! :-D

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger keithurbanchic said...

Thanks Key and GG - but I gotta find somebody who'll let me hold a dollar before I go anywhere!
;)

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

dollar? What's a dollar?

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

babe we need more like $$$$ to go to Key West! Although I have a few free/cheap places we can entertain ourselves while the housing blows our budget ...

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure how to contact you directly, but I was wondering if you could share some information regarding Joseph Himes. I'm an academic researcher preparing information for a monograph on Himes and planned parenthood/companionate marriages (1930-1950). I caught your site (and glad I did, quite interesting to say the least), and thought I would ask if you had any recollections that you'd like to share...carmenpoole@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home