Truly Bad Films

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Delightfulness That Is Me

Boy howdy, am I delightful right now? Ever since Saturday I've been getting skull-splitting sinus headaches at night and I spend all day draining in that special way sinuses have of letting you know they're dysfunctional. I'm chain sneezing and grumpy, but all that withstanding, I'm not REALLY sick.

I blame it on the flu shot. I got the flu shot last fall and, apparently, it keeps me from getting knock-down plastered-to-the-bed sick, but it doesn't actually keep me 100% well either. So I'm futzing about in this Purgatory of Unwellness that isn't bad enough to stay home, but renders me into a lump of DayQuil-popping semi-consciousness at work.

The good news is I got my new computer at work today. Woo-Hoo! It's a lovely Dell laptop with a dock which lets me use my flat-panel monitor. Now, all I have to do in my brief window of DayQuil and Cherry Coke fueled clarity is go find the drivers for my scanner, and download them, add and activate two Adobe products, find and load my FireFox add-ons and then track down my copy of SmartDraw and get it loaded. Oh yeah - and then I get to fill all the pockets of my Dell backpack. And remember to pick up a wireless mouse.

Productivity? You can kiss that g'bye for today . . .

6 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooo baby, you be hot stuff now!

Once you get that thing fueled up, you'll be burning rubber!!!!!!!!!

(Can you tell the 2006 NASCAR Nextel Cup series is getting ready to start ...)

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Burning Rubber! LOL! Last year, so ne'er-do-well decided it would be fun to set fire to a tire dump in Roanoke
county, and of course the local TV Newz station made a graphic to introduce the "tire fire" segment of the newscast. The title?

Burning Rubber.

Myself, I was hoping for "This Wheel's On Fire," but nobody working this downmarket in television is old enough to remember Bob Dylan and The Band.

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even Siouxsie and the Banshees did a cover of that, even if they didn't remember Dylan's ....

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

Oh, don't regret your flu shot! I've been really, really sick now going on 3 weeks. It all started with the flu. Then it turned to bronchitis. Then pneumonia. Now, despite having taken a full course of super-antibiotics and using an albuterol inhaler, I'm still hoarse, weak, having trouble breathing and coughing frequently. I will NEVER skip a flu shot again!

And congrats on the new hardware! Doesn't it just make your heart hearken back to those cozy, exciting Christmas mornings when you got something you really wanted so all was right with the world? There's just something about it that makes all those endorphins start pinging away. La vie et belle!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger keithurbanchic said...

OMG Bunnyjo!!!

I'm sorry you've been so sick!! You're right - a few days of sinus blech is nothing nexto pneumonia.

And yeah - it really was Christmas in Feb.! Joyeux Noel!

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Get Well Soon Chai Chick!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home