Truly Bad Films

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Gift for You

I meant to put these up yesterday as a V-Day gift for my readers, but this week I am snowed under with planning a session for a leadership conference on Saturday, so everything is half-assed and late.

Yet, better late, etc. I made three art nouveau Photoshop brushes that I'm giving to the readers of TBF. These were made in Photoshop 7. Happy After-Valentine's Day! If you don't use Photoshop they'll be useless to you, but you can enjoy looking at them:


Download!


The file is zipped. If you use a Mac there may be some way to convert them from PC, but I don't know what it is.

3 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

okay, chai, maybe I am just dumb, but after you download it, how do you use them?
of course I guess a logical question would be, will they work in Photoshop CS2?

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger keithurbanchic said...

ok, GG. You unzip it. Then open C: drive-> Program Files-> Adobe-> Photoshop-> Presets-> Brushes. Move artnouveau.abr from the unzipped file folder into your brushes folder with your other brushes.

Then go open yr Pshop software. Open an image to work on. Click on the brush tool. On the upper right of my Pshop there is a tab that lets you define your brush. Open that tab and then left click on the tiny right-pointing arrow to the right of the word "brushes" on the tab. Choose Replace Brushes. Then choose artnouveau from your list. Then in Brush Presets you can change the size of the brush from 1 pixel to over 700 pixels. Then go to your image and stamp away.

I know this is complicated if you haven't done it before, but once you get used to changing brush sets in Pshop you can then learn to make your own and it is a world of fun! I think these will work fine in CS.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, Thanks Chai. Okay I must admit that I was a bit blonde on the instructions and then I thought about who I used to call for computer problems and decided, being called stupid is way to much for me to handle at 8.00 in the morning. :)
I love the brushes and if I use them in any of my art I will most definately give ya credit. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home