Truly Bad Films

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Gretzky's Wife Caught Gambling

Wayne Gretzky's wife, Janet Jones, has been doing a little sports gambling, it seems. She was in the film version of A Chorus Line but I don't remember her. Don't let that suprise you. There's hardly anything I do remember about A Chorus Line.

Short Rant: I never did see what enchanted people about that play. The film was dull, dull, dull all kinds of dull and the minute it was over I'd completely forgotten it. For some reason it was the cultural watershed of the 80's. The play MUST have been better than the film, but I only saw the awful, awful film. It was partly responsible for the leg-warmer fad of the decade and it was wholly responsible for my roomate of 1982 standing on one leg in the tiny space between my bed and the door to the hall like a shaky flamingo chanting, "God, I hope I get it. I hope I get it." Oh, I wanted her to get it. Right in the keester from my boot. Rant Over!

At any rate, the only way I know Janet Jones is not through her unremarkable film career, but because she led a very nice Firm video workout sometime in the 80's. Seriously, her Firm tape is one of the best they ever made. It's a great workout with a Future Gambler of America. With mob ties, no less. Way to go, Janet!

5 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

I also love the old Firm workouts - they truly are the some of the best body-firming workouts you can buy. BUT, having said that, I can no longer do them. The music DRIVES ME CRAZY. It was bad enough when the workouts were new. Now, it's just God-awful.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

I saw Chorus Line the play and I thought it stunk, too. Could never understand its appeal. And I once had a full set of Firm workouts. They were good.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Key says "I wish the picture showed more of her legs so I could see if she had leg warmers on. Hey, chai, post some pics of her in leg warmers. I need the pics and facs."

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger keithurbanchic said...

Update: I checked and they DO wear leg warmers - but they're small and understated. They look like big, thick socks more than leg warmers.

 
At 1:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't she in some 80's flick where she played a gymnast or something?

I remember those Firm tapes but back then I WAS FIRM so I didn't need them like I do now..haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home