Truly Bad Films

Friday, February 17, 2006

Improving the Olympics

So I waited until last night to watch the Olympics. The thing that pulled me in was the promise of crashes in Snowboard Cross. I am a girl who watches the Extreme Games from time to time and one of my favorite events is Motocross. Yet, I had never heard of Snowboard Cross before yesterday.

Last night I explained the premise to Pep: "See, 4 or 5 snowboarders take the course at once and as they do jumps and curves they sometimes crash into each other," I said. I was excited to watch it.

"So?" Pep said. "That's nothing! Let me know when the women do the course topless and then I'll watch it."

"You mean, when they run the course topless with little monkey companions on the back of the board - that's when you'll watch it?" I asked.

"Yeah. And the monkeys have to wear knee and elbow pads and helmets," Pep said.

"And if the monkey gets bounced off, the team is disqualified?" I asked.

"That's right," Pep said. "That'll be an Olympics worth watching."

1 Comments:

At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Sid was considering "Team Skeleton" with Crystal Bernard.

Hey, just doing my part to help Sid spread Crystal Bernard love throughout the blogosphere.

And to share some love with you!

:-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home