Truly Bad Films

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

V-man Expands My Vocabulary

I can always rely on V-man to teach me something new at least twice a year. This semester's lesson is a new word: Contumelious. I had to look it up, and, Chirren, it's a rare word for which I must steal to yon dictionary.

So, in case you're as igerrent as me, here is the definition:
Arrogantly insolent, rudely contemptuous or disdainful

What a firecracker of a word! Thank you V-man.

You can read his whole post to get this wonderful new word in context.

Update: Prof. LlamaButcher & Mrs. Keysunset tell me that this link needs a warning. V-man is notoriously offensive, peeps! His mission is to make us all burn with shame. So . . . nnnnnnow you're warned! Starting NOW!

No!

Now.

4 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh for the love of gawhd, that link needed a warning.....

What made it worse was I just had printed out the opinion from This That and The Other Gift and Tobacco, Inc. v. Cobb County Georgia case from the eleventh circuit. You need to read it (or at least have Pep read it with his less delicate eyes) to understand why I dedicated my life to be a conlaw professor.

Occupational benefits and all.

Here's the link:
http://www.ca11.uscourts.gov/opinions/ops/200416419.pdf

Laters,

Beavis

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy moley, lady! Yep, that link needed a warning. But once I was there I had to read it all, ALL! I couldn't help myself.

I'm so ashamed.

ha ha!

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now?

OH, now!

heh he he

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

V used it because someone called him it once. After he looked it up, he said, "Wow! That IS me!" and it became just another word to brandish over our sluggish lil minds. I just hate all over that man. I'm so jealous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home