Truly Bad Films

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Annual Woodie Awards

It's that time again - the Truly Bad Films Annual Woodie Awards! Break out your tuxes and your untucked shirttails. Slip into your Manolos and your Versace knockoff. Create a third personality named Sulpher (who is your personal stylist) and let her/him mousse and paint you into the next dimension - the dimension way more fabulous than this one - and come to the show.

To celebrate the March birthdays of Truly Bad Films, I distribute annual Woodie Awards. In my wholly subjective manner, I award Woodies to blogs who in the previous year have made me laugh so hard I slumped over my keyboard squirting tears. The Woodie recognizes those who have written posts that made me laugh until I was weak.

The award is named after Ed Wood, the ultimate bad film maker. This is because my blog is, more or less, about bad film and I like Ed Wood. How often do you get to put a cross-dresser on an award and give it to people? See? I had to do it. And then there was this other fun level of giving people woodies that my juvenile-impulse-controller couldn't shut down. Sorry, world!

For 2006 we are honoring three hilarious bloggers for multiple posts. So, without further ado, in no particular order, I present the coveted Woodie to:

Ace of Spades for Robert Ebert Agrees With Me and Elegy for a Chief Engineer.
The Assimilated Negro for Letter To The Guy On The Train Who Was Looking At Me While Licking His Lips and Snotsicles™.
15 Minute Lunch for This Really (Un)Chafes My Ass and The Stuff I learn From My Own Blog

Congratulations guys. Thanks for the giggle-gasms and tears of joy! You may post or ignore your award as you see fit:

2 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had to read "the stuff I learn from my own blog." Just had to, I did.

Good grief! That one almost, ALMOST, I say should have come with a warning.

I laughed myself silly!

I am miffed that Leper Pop didn't get a nod from the academy this year. Not even an (dis)honorable mention. Perhaps next ....

Have a great day!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Johnny Virgil said...

I'd like to thank the academy for this woody award, and I will proudly display it on my mantle unless the parents are visiting.

Thank you all, and good night!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home