Truly Bad Films

Monday, March 13, 2006

I've Been Rollered

I've been letting my hair grow in accordance with husbandly preferences. It's in that stage where it's out of control but there's nothing you can do because the whole point is not to cut it.

This morning, I shampooed my head, as usual, and blow dried it without looking. Then I wandered into the next room and glanced into a mirror. I saw Eric Faulkner of the Bay City Rollers looking back at me.

GAH!

O, well - what can I do? Might as well make the most of it . . . put on my tartan shirt and stroll about with the top button of me trousers undone . . . C'mon - I know you know this. Sing along!

Gonna keep on dancin' to the rock and roll - a Saturday night, Saturday night
Dancin' to the rhythm in our heart and soul - a Saturday Night, Saturday night
I - I - I just can't wait, I - I - I got a date
At the good ole rock and roll road show, I gotta go
Saturday Night, Saturday Night
Gonna rock it up, Roll it up, Do it all, Have a ball,
Saturday Night, Saturday Night
It's just a Saturday Night - It's just a Saturday Night - It's just a Saturday Night
S - A - T - U - R - D - A - Y night!

8 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! GAL, I might have to get out my Bay City Rollers cassette tape (bought brand new back in the way back ...)! Whoo, hoo!

On a serious note, though, you are one loving wife. :-D

Have a GREAT day, darlin'! You've started mine with a smile.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger keithurbanchic said...

You still have a cassette from High School?!!? That crime is its own punishment...

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a nice wife to grow yer hair out for Pep. My granny wants me to grow mine out, but it's been short since 1990 and I refuse to ever let it grow out. Matter of fact, even now it's longer than it's ever been!

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...Oh I'm bustin' a gut on this one...too funny but have hope my dear. I too gave into my husband's wishes and let my hair grow. I was at your stage just a few months ago and I made it. Thanks to barrettes, headbands and a few valium I MADE IT..haha..just kiddin' about the valium..Now I love my hair and and want to keep letting it get longer and longer.......

Hang in there sweetie...before you know it you'll be tossin' your long locks around like you was Farrah Fawcett or remember the "GEE YOUR HAIR SMELLS TERRIFIC" shampoo commercials? haha...

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger keithurbanchic said...

Thanks Sandy! There is hope ...

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Nothing against the Bay City Rollers, but unless you're embracing the look by decking yourself out in plaid each day I say just shave the head. Natalie Portman is making it hip again. Low maintenance for your busy schedule and cool for the summer.

Rock on.

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sported the shaved head look one summer. Very cool. Really.

Makes it much easier to wear caps too.

 
At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gack. Mine's gotten to the shaggy wild stage, but with curls. I don't know if I can survive letting this grow out. I might just take Sid's advice.

Although you should see what his beard looks like!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home